John Cutler recommends:
- Contrary to popular opinion a suit can be packed in a case for travelling, if suitable care is taken with folding.
- Turn the suit coat inside out and reverse one of the armholes so that it fits into the other.
- Stuff the suit with tissue paper before packing.
- Fold the trousers at the knee, and again protect the fold with tissue paper.
- If packed correctly, and hung properly as soon as possible after arrival, your suit should be ready to wear within 24 hours.
- If badly creased, suits can be hung in the bathroom and steam generated by turning on the bath or shower. This will help the creases fall out.
- Always invest in a top quality suitcase, and/or suit pack.